Monday, June 9, 2008

dance recitals



We spent the day Saturday at dress rehearsal for the big ballet and jazz recital coming up in a couple of weeks. The ballet we're doing this year is "Sleeping Beauty" with the Tchaikovsky score. It is so beautiful, and I love that the girls are part of such a cool performance. The next day, at the Jazz show, the younger two are tapping to some Broadway themed piece, and our oldest is performing with her Irish class. It was a long day of waiting to go on stage, adjusting lights, music, costumes, make-up, buns, head pieces and everything else. I'm a nerd I know, but it was such a fun day, and brought back such great memories. Sleeping Beauty is the last ballet I did before my mission. It's fun to go through it again with my girls.

2 comments:

thetaylors said...

That picture of all the ballet girls hugging is so cute! How fun.

Katie said...

Is this ballet at Mountain View High School on the 21st? Addison spent all day Saturday at a rehersal for her preformance in Sleeping Beauty too. What a coinsidence. Where do you teach again? Send me an email or call me:) Katie