Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm a tightwad... I mean, I'm a dog groomer

So there are totally things that I'm willing to spend money on. My dog getting groomed really isn't one of them. I could buy a fabulous chair for my living room in what I would pay to have the fluff ball groomed every year. So, I've decided to become a dog groomer once a month.


Above is the before shot. She's soooo cute isn't she? This was taken after I cut in between and underneath her eyes (which weren't really visible before). She gets so hot, so the girls and I decided that it wasn't so bad doing her face, we'd just do the rest of her.

This is after we cut about 2 inches off her whole body. It's a little choppy, I couldn't really quit laughing, and my neighbor gave me a stern scolding, but seriously, it's a dog.

As soon as I get a little bit better, this is what I'm hoping to achieve ..., then I'm going to buy some sassy black support shoes, and a khaki skirt, and practice running with my arms straight down, and get Ruby into some contests!

Until that time though, my dog is going to be the result of my secret desire to cut hair.

2 comments:

Debra said...

You are seriously funny (and quite resourceful I might add). I can picture you now, cute little dog prancing behind, as the two of you run around in circles. The judges will be so impressed.

jord said...

i laughed out loud when i read this.
hahaha.